The library is the heart of many schools, and we’re no different at Bruneau-Grand View. Our elementary library houses 9,800 books and we continue to grow.
As a learning institution, we want to teach our students to be thoughtful, responsible citizens, and we encourage students to check out and take home books to read. To accomplish this, we’ve developed policies and expectations that will help ensure that we will not only maintain the books we have but also grow our collection to include some of the most recent titles.
- We teach students to be responsible for taking care of the books they check out and to return them on time and in the same condition it was in when they checked it out.
- Students may check out books for one week, and they may renew their books for a reasonable length of time.
- Students must pay for or replace lost or damaged books before they can check out additional books.
- If a student is unable to return a book at the appropriate time and/or in the same condition, the following charges apply:
- Late book – After 30 days, we consider the book lost.
- Damaged book fee - $1 to $2, depending on the extent of the damage
- Damaged beyond repair fee - $10 for paperback; $20 for hardcover
- Lost book fee - $10 for paperback; $20 for hardcover
Care of Textbooks
Students are responsible for all textbooks issued to them during the school year. The student must pay for all lost or damaged books. Should a student lose and pay for a textbook or library book and later find it, we will issue a refund.