Bruneau Elementary is a small but active school in the Bruneau-Grand View Joint School District. We value parent involvement, as our staff works tirelessly to provide the best education possible for every one of our students.
In supporting the district-wide vision and core values, we expect all staff, students, and patrons to be respectful, responsible, and reasonable. Following these agreements provides for a safe environment that promotes maximum learning. As a staff, we aim to be a positive role model for all students. We hold each other accountable for the following agreements.
- Attentive listening—Quietly looking at the speaker
- No put-downs/Show appreciation and mutual respect—Unkind words and actions are not acceptable. Instead, we give positive feedback to others.
- Confidentiality/No gossip—Each person tells only those needing to know.
- Everyone participates—Participation includes listening, thinking time, and contributing to the activities.
- Appropriate task completion—Doing the right thing at the right time
A Message from the Principal
Welcome back parents and students!
It’s going to be a great year, and we’re excited to be working with your children and your family. As we are preparing for school starting just around the corner, I would like to make sure that everyone is as prepared as possible. Our COVID-19 protocols are subject to change, and I will keep you updated on any changes.
We will be starting in person for kindergarten through 5th grade on Monday, August 16 with breakfast being available from 7:35 to 7:50 a.m. School will run until 3:50 p.m., and we will release students at that time.
There are many opportunities for you to be involved in our school. From helping out in the classroom by working with small reading groups or assisting with administrative tasks to organizing classrooms, we hope you will find a way to be involved that is comfortable for you. Contact your child’s teacher or school secretary at the front desk for more information about how you can get involved this year.
We look forward to starting a new school year!
See you soon,